Makeup Packaging

Over the next few weeks, you will see that our makeup packing is changing from clear lids to matte silver lids (some sizes are already shipping with the silver lids)!  The lid will contain a clear label with the logo & name of the product (Jelly Balm, Eye Shadow etc).

The bottom lid (also clear) will contain the following information:
-size (sample or net wt. etc)
-color name
-ingredients (I list the EXACT ingredients, not a may contain... type of list)
-what the product is safe for (safe for all applications or not eye safe etc)
-whether the product is vegan or not vegan
-company info (website, email, location etc)

While I have the above figured out, I do need your advice on sifters/shrink wrap!  Here are the options with their pros/cons:


sealed sifter & shrink wrapped
Pros: having both should prevent any spilling during transit
Cons: you have to remove 2 things to get the the product & sometimes sifter labels are hard to remove; less product as sifter takes up a bit of jar space

sealed sifter & NO shrink wrap
Pros: no shrink wrap to remove, sifter should keep things from spilling during transit
Cons: less product as sifter takes up a bit of jar space


NO sifter & shrink wrapped
Pros: shrink wrap will keep things from spilling, more product as sifter isn't taking up the extra space
Cons: you may get eye shadow up in the lid area, causing some flyaway powder when you open the jar

Of the three options above, which do you prefer?  Also, if I go with the no sifter & shrink wrapped, I will make sifters available for a small price!  The no sifter option will also decrease the sample jar prices a bit!  Please leave a comment below & let me know which of the options you would prefer!


5 Response to "Makeup Packaging"

  1. Personally, I would prefer no sifter and no shrink wrap. But, if I have to chose, I would chose no sifter. I hate them. They get in the way, and they always seem to get clogged.

    Unknown says:

    Personally i would prefer no sifter with the shrink wrap. I always find after i've used shadows a couple of times the sifter area just gets full of shadow which makes it annoying to apply and getting less shadow is never a good thing. I figure as long as it's got the shrink wrap and won't spill in transit it doesn't need the sifter. And then if you'll offer them seperately people can get them if they want :)

    Thank you both for your opinions! I believe I'm leaning towards no sifter & shrinkwrapped and then offering sifters for a small price!

    Risela03 says:

    I also prefer the no sifter and shrink wrapped option. The sifter always get in the way for me as well.

    nice post thanks for update

powered by Blogger